Current themas in the forum
Curamenta - Happy Birthday. Ein Jahr voller Aufklärung! Tolles Angebot! Bitte weiter so!!!
Eine gute Seite um sich Informationen zu holen, toll !
Ein schönes Angebot mit vielen guten Informationen.
Frequently asked questions
Wie läuft ein therapeutisches Erstgespräch ab? Wie kann ich meine Behandlung unterstützen? Wie kann ich meine Symptome richtig einordnen? Diese und viele weitere Fragen können sich ergeben, wenn man selbst betroffen ist. Hier haben wir die wichtigsten Fragen und Antworten für Sie zusammengestellt.
Many causes can lead to sexual dysfunction. These include:
- Physical causes such as cardiovascular diseases, hormonal changes, diabetes, surgical interventions in the genital organs (for example, cervical removal/prostate removal), cancer, rheumatism or Parkinson's disease. Physical pain during sex, caused by inflammation, for example, can also lead to dysfunctions.
- Taking medications can cause side effects that lead to sexual dysfunction. Antidepressants can reduce libido and hormone-based contraceptives reduce sexual desire.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol and the use of drugs such as marijuana can reduce sexual desire or excitability.
- Mental causes such as anxiety about pregnancy or stress, grief and conflict can impair sexual function.
- Problems in a partnership can also be the cause of sexual dysfunction. Constantly arguing or paralysing routine, tabooing of sexual desires or lack of tenderness have a negative effect on lust, excitability and ability to have an orgasm.
From a medical standpoint, this is strongly contraindicated. Withdrawal means liberation of the body from the addictive drug. Depending on the addictive substance, withdrawal can have serious physical consequences. Withdrawal should therefore always take place under inpatient psychiatric supervision. It is easier to confront the disease outside the familiar environment which may be tightly connected to the addiction. Without supervision, the risk of failure is very high.
For people suffering from sexual dysfunction, it is particularly important to talk openly about the problem. Sexuality is still a taboo subject that is not discussed for many people. Openness can help if the dysfunction leads to problems in the partnership or if problems in the partnership are responsible for the dysfunction.
Successful treatment starts with the insight that you have an addiction disease. Even if this confession is painful and possibly shameful, it puts you in a position to act and face your disease.
Withdrawal, which broadly means the elimination of the toxic substance from the body, is followed by recovery. During mental recovery, the issue is to rebuild your life without the addictive drug. Several protective factors can support you: a positive way to deal with stress and problems, a supportive social milieu, the opportunity to shape your own life, a positive self-image, and high resilience.
Participation in self-help groups can also be beneficial. You can meet people with similar experience and feel that they understand you. You can find more on the topic self-help here.
It is important for those affected to become aware of the disease, to accept it and to face it. The tendency to avoid fear-causing things or situations can add to anxiety or phobias. Facing these fears can be understood as training that helps to reduce the anxiety itself. For many of those affected, however, this is a particularly daunting challenge.
Anyone seeking medical attention for fears or phobias is not revealing personal weakness, but rather a desirable way of dealing with the disease. This also includes involving one's own environment, such as family or friends. Valuable support can come from those close to them.. In addition, the visit of self-help groups for exchanges with other sufferers shows good results for some sufferers.
Relaxation techniques such as yoga, autogenous training or progressive muscle relaxation can also be helpful for therapy. Exercise is generally recommended, especially endurance sports such as running or cycling.